Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's the eve of the Watchmen movie's release and I am hopeful...

Well, it is the eve of the advance screening in my local area for the new Watchmen movie and yes - I will be there with many other fan boys to see how it turned out. There has been quite a lot of advance press about this movie and it doesn't hurt thatit is being released during the quiet period between the end of the post-Oscars hangover and the start of the bigger Spring movie releases. One of my local daily papers even had a free copy of Tribute magazine dedicated exclusively to the movie as a bonus insert.

One reason that I hope this film does well is because it appears that it is going to be a movie that depicts super hero costumes in their full flashy glory; if this kind of depiction goes over well with audiences, then it bodes well for future super hero movie releases such as the upcoming Captain America movie and Avengers movie. I am looking forward to all of the upcoming Marvel movies so I am hoping that they will all be done right, visually-speaking. (is that even a word?)

Next to come will be all of the Watchmen movie reviews...

No comments: